Twilight Seekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Seekers

Twilight seekers..now with hot forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» . . . .
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 am by xVietHerox

» It's been a while
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am by xVietHerox

» Sword Art Online
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 am by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack//FRAGMENT BACK ONLINE!!!
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm by Seraphim_Zera

» ITS HAPPENING
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:51 am by LieN

» Kara No Kyokai The Movie
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack Guilty Dragon Convention booth.
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Farewell to a Seeker.
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Sme new .hack picture...
Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm by AzureFlameGod86

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Radiant Historia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Boyfriend told me about it last month, Brother bought it for my Birthday. Just came out last Tuesday.

It's a new game for the Nintendo DS, made by Atlus, called Radiant Historia. And it's actually pretty fun and addicting. You play as Stocke, and the basis of the game is that you have this book in which you can travel through time, but only certain points in the story that you've passed, and each point you get choices. The choices effect whether or not you can go through the story, or how you go through the story. And if you screw up, you can always go back to a "turning point" and change it. The battles are turn-based, but are actually pretty fun. The best way to describe it is kind of like Mana-khemia and Megaman battle network. (The enemies are placed on a 3x3 grid, and you can move'em around using moves. But you have like turn card slots like in Mana Khemia, and can link and combo attacks like in Mana Khemia.) It's actually really fun, and has a pretty interesting story. Check it out if you can.
And it is in NO WAY related to Radiata Stories. =-.-=

Oh and Stocke is also a hottie Smile

Radiant Historia Stocke
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 am

It being by Atlas is enough for me to check it out. But it does sound rather interesting. Kinda like a strategy rpg but with a bit of a twist. Does it affect your ending or have negative repercussions if you change your screw ups to much? Cuz it seems like it would be rather easy otherwise. But I think ill check it out later. And that main guy looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:12 am

Well... I'm not far enough to determine that. But I think there's a lot of sidequests that are optional that, although don't affect the OVERALL story of it, they probably will make the ending better, the more you do. Once again though, I'm not 100% sure on it.

Well, it is kind of easy... cept some of the battles are kind of hard...

And yeah. He's a hottie. And a badass.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 6:38 am

Maybe it effects which you can and cant do if you travel back to much. Or it might erase what you have done. That certainly would make it have some realistic consequences for messing with time. Me must find this game...*just watched a few videos on yt* So much..epicness...*twitches*
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 am

Haha yeah. Still unsure. But it is pretty sweet. So yes, you should go find it :p
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 1:27 am

Im looking for a source for it now. Got anything else to wet my appetite with for the game? xD
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 am

It's a pretty interesting plot, and some whack shit happens. I love games like this.

Especially stuff that deals with alternate universes : D
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 am

They actually cross into alternate universes of the world the game is based in?
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 6:22 pm

Well, only one. There's the Standard History, and then the Alternate History, so it only deals with one alternate universe and a normal one, although your choices affect each one. And I guess, there's more than that, but those lead to "Broken timelines", which lead to an alternate universe that has no hope.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:13 am

Damn...they really went in depth with it didn't they.? So does the Alt universe end up becoming a separate story mode or does it connect to the main game?
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Oh no. They're both EXTREMELY important to the main story. What you do in the standard History affects Alt. and vise versa. There are times when you can't go on in one history because you have to do something in the other.

I like the concept a lot.

Also, the way they make the choices and the effects they make is really cool, it's kind of the concept I want my story "Sin" to follow. How the choices effect the ending, although "Sin" you won't know if it's a bad ending until later on. It'd be a little more indepth.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Well that certainly makes things interesting. How exactly do they stop you from proceeding? Ejecting you from history your currently working through?
Its an interesting concept to say the least. Are you planning on showing off alternate histories in Sin aswel?
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Well, both universes are connected, so something that happened in one might not happen in another. Or there's a character you have to get something from in one history that will help you proceed in the next.

It's a very unique idea, I really enjoyed this game a lot.

Well, Sin... it's kind of like Higurashi-esque. You know, alternate universes and shit? But like Radiant Historia, I want the player to choose certain things and what they choose will affect what kind of ending they get.

It's a very interesting concept, and I really like it.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:08 am

Well ill be able to give ya my opinion soon. Im dl'ing it now. =D
Been distracted the past few days with Nier and my refurbished obsession with FFVIII heh heh.

How are you gonna work the choices in though? Like a simple yes no text choice or say if you or if you don't pick up item be or view said scene or meet said person.
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:40 am

sounds badass I'll have to like..ninja theft my friend kyles DS and play it until my brain like implodes
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:54 pm

It'll be choices important to the story.

Like "Stab the woman" or "Don't stab the woman."
Actually, I already have this scenario in my head, and I will be willing to elaborate on it more if you want =^^=

And yeah you should Alex! It's really good! I started working on some Stocke Fan-art =^^=;;; But reference pictures of him SUCK! =>.<=
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:23 am

@Yuki: Would you do me a favor and choose every game I play for the rest of my life? xDDD
I played Radiant Historia for like 8 hours today..that game is...I cant even think of a word for it. But wow...everything you built up expectation with for me was true! ^^""
Id give ya 50 bucks to draw a pic of Stocke Ray and Marc fighting whats his name thats stock's best friend? Im half asleep and cant remember anything but il just assume its R something...xDDD

@Alex: Bro....as a fellow Atlas fan...im sure you will take me seriously when I do this...*grabs Alex by the collar and shakes him* Not playing this game would be one of the biggest mistakes of your gaming life! xD
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 pm

BWAHAHA! Will do Hashy sir! Don't stop playing Nier though! It's too good!

! That would be a really cool drawing.... Take awhile... And I don't know how good it will be : (
I don't think I'd make it worth $50 though... I'm not THAT good =^^=;;;

And it's Rosch. Rosch is a badass Smile
And yes, one year I am going to force my BF to cosplay Stocke, because that would be hot. I'd be Raynie maybe... or Dias. Dias is a badguy, not sure if you've seen him yet or not =>.>=

And I know right? It's really good. Good music too, right? : D I really love Stocke's character too, and the character development just gets better for him. : ) I should work on that fanart of Stocke, perfect my drawing of him and then perhaps Raynie and Marco. Rosch looks like a beast to draw too, and there's not very good reference pictures either =-.-= But I shall try!

AND AGREED! Alex, you need to play this game : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiant Historia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Seekers :: General Discussions :: Video Games-
Jump to: