Twilight Seekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Seekers

Twilight seekers..now with hot forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» . . . .
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 am by xVietHerox

» It's been a while
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am by xVietHerox

» Sword Art Online
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 am by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack//FRAGMENT BACK ONLINE!!!
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm by Seraphim_Zera

» ITS HAPPENING
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:51 am by LieN

» Kara No Kyokai The Movie
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack Guilty Dragon Convention booth.
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Farewell to a Seeker.
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Sme new .hack picture...
My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm by AzureFlameGod86

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My Short Stories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Here's a list of short story ideas along with teaser-synopses to go along with them. Enjoy. Razz

"A Thousand Words"
A remarkable young photographer, Pamella "Picture" Perfeck, so nicknamed for her incredible picture-taking and picture-editing, goes missing one day and upon the day of her departure the only thing found of hers is a scrapbook. Her friends James Maxim and Natalie Verace look through the scrapbook in order to find the truth behind Pamella's running away. As they turn the pages, Pamella's friends notice that not every picture is the same, there's something very distinguishable between each one, albeit the obvious fact that each one is a different event. Each picture has been developed and altered in their own unique ways, whether it be the picture is in black and white, or in sepia tone, or if one part is ripped out. Soon, they realize that each picture means something to Pamella, depending on what she did to edit the picture. When James and Natalie reach the end of the scrapbook, they realize just why Pamella left.

"Black Rhapsody"
Do you believe in curses? When bad luck comes your way do you accept it as coincidence or as the curse? One woman finds herself in that situation. Annastacia Thema accidentally listens to a cursed tune known only as the Black Rhapsody. It is told in the curse that the victim is to suffer sound-related bad-luck unless he or she can find a way to break the curse. While Anna's friends, Robert Monkeyshine and Michelle Burlesque, try to trick her into believing the curse is real, her boyfriend, Phillip Andante, tries to keep her calm throughout her endeavor to cope with the "curse." Driven between truth, coincidence, luck, destiny, and fate, Annastacia suffers the measures of the Black Rhapsody.

"Digression"
No one has a perfect attention span. I know we've all been distracted, pulled away from what we were previously focusing on to think on other things. For example, we might be typing an essay and listening to a song at the same time, or someone talking, or the T.V. and we might end up typing something from the song or conversation by accident. That's distraction at an all time prime. Dylan Veers, a student in high school is assigned to write an essay. However, as he sits in front of his computer, hands resting calmly on his keyboard, he finds himself distracted by everything around him while the whole time still typing. When he finally comes to, he finds that his essay is no more than a random assortment of thoughts and ideas fed to him by his environment. At least, that's what he thinks at first. When he rereads his essay, he finds the structure to be brilliant and so titles his essay, "Digression," and turns it in the next day.

"F8"
Jason Kismet, a 24-year old man wanders into a pawn-shop that is under the new ownership of a middle-aged man named Roderick Augur. Roderick sells Jason a mysterious white magic 8-ball. Jason takes this ball home when he realizes that this ball is much more than a simple toy. As the story goes along, Mr. Kismet realizes that the 8-ball predicts the future. It's up to him whether or not he can avoid fate, or rather, if he can avoid f8.

"Food"
Personification. Do we know what that is? Penny Reverie does, intimately. To personify is to attach humanly characteristics to inanimate objects. We do it all the time, though. If our computer doesn't work, we talk to it, say, "Hey, work, please!" or something like that. But you have to figure, though, children do that so much better, and they actually have fun with it. What if one were to believe everything around him or her was a living thing? What if we could involve ourselves into a multitude of adventures orchestrated and planned out by our table? By our socks? Our floor? Our blanket? Well, that'd probably a hell of a lot funner than anything reality can muster up.

"For Play"
We've all heard sexual innuendos haven't we? And we've all accidentally created a few haven't we? We say something, but people take it as something else while our original intent goes lost. Well, imagine how warped one person's vision of his or her friends, family, and co-workers could get if he or she becomes surrounded by innuendo. Edward Birdbees, a simple working man and boyfriend to Chastity Fornick, finds himself thrown aloof and addled after conversing and eavesdropping with his sister, Lana Birdbees, brother, Laro Birdbees, his co-workers, Richard Carney, and Valerie Tiofella, and friends, Henry Hedon, and Jasmine Aspersion. It will be amazing how far down the gutter one's mind can really go, and how lost the truth can truly become. Remember: life is not just for play!

"In the Right Hands"
Ever feel like time just slows down? Or maybe you feel time just speeds up? In certain situations time can warp and leave us out of the loop, oftentimes making us feel astonished or confused, and maybe sometimes, making us question the concept and continuity of time. One man finds himself in an interesting predicament with time. Justin Dayes finds that time for him seems to skip a beat at times, which is normal to an extent, but sometimes it even backtracks. As his week plays out, Justin finds he's placed in a maddening and supernatural time-game, fighting to keep his life normal as the events of his life flash forward without him, or rewind off his volition. Soon enough, Justin realizes that a particular action on his part sets off the time-warps, but that isn't enough to help him reverse the odd situation he landed himself in.

"Lent"
Christopher Wright, an ardent police detective, an honest family man, and an elaborate artist and writer, takes up a case that's bigger than he could possibly know. Carnegie Ceder, a brilliant tactician, a misanthropist, and a masterful escape artist, starts making his way in the criminal underbelly and brands his name deep and harshly into it. The rivals are complete opposites: Christopher is mostly driven by his right brain and therefore creative, poetic, and ostentatious and Carnegie is mostly driven by his left brain and therefore pragmatic, cold, and calculating. These rivals engage in an epic chase and battle that would affect everyone around them. However, when the two finally meet, they realize that, even though they seemingly are the complete opposite of each other, they have been completely alike in one detail their whole lives.

"Shame on Me"
Five high-school pranksters have become the greatest jokers of their class for the first three years of high school. Ricky Caper likes to pull pranks based on frivolous and carefree physical stunts. Tommy Loof likes to pull pranks based on silliness and horseplay. Sally Gambol likes to pull pranks based on games of chance which she rigs. Chester Mumm likes to pull pranks based on performances and ceremonies which become absurd or ostentatious. And Holly Yarn likes to pull pranks based on outlandish story-telling. However, on their senior year a particular prank goes wrong. A teacher is accidentally injured beyond desire and is rushed to the hospital ASAP. Suspecting all five pranksters, the principal demands that the culprit reveal him or herself. The crime is in fact committed by one of the five, but the rest don't know who it possibly could have been. No other student could know either, for no one witnesses how the prank is done. And so, the five compete in their personal crusade to find the culprit and redeem their own names as innocent and learned pranksters. Though they all find that the closer and closer they get to the truth, the more and more they get fooled.

"Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure"
I pray I'll never have to write a story with that long of a title again. However, how ridiculous it is is pivotal to my story's main concept. I know we've all read a story at least once in our lives. And considering there's only so many original plots and only so many original character concepts, patterns have definitely arisen in literature and media. And so here comes a story of completely no originality and at the same time, beaming with tons of originality. The story portrays a typical plot with typical characters taking part, each character being completely aware of the fact that they are in a story and that they all have their own roles and character traits. The characters are: Male Protagonist, Female Love Interest, Wise Father-Figure, Optimistic Male Best Friend, Candid Female Best Friend, Tragic and Twisted Male Antagonist, Smitten and Devoted Female Follower of Antagonist, Male Foil Character, Philosophical Male Who Speaks in Riddles, Female Minor Character Who Points Out Exposition, and Male Comic Relief. Yeah, it's gonna be ridiculous.

Any questions? I can go a little in-depth with anything.
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Geez Tri....
You've really gone in depth with everything. I wish I had that kind of time to even think about the small amount of stories I have as in-depth as you have thought about all of your works.

=o.o=
Very impressive.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:14 pm

lol.. thanks, but based on what I've read w/ all your ideas, they're great, too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks! Yeah, but most of 'em cept for a couple are really rough and not as in-depth. Hahah I should really pull out my Evanescent Illusion spiral so you all can see what that one is all about.

Anyway, I really wanna read this last short story. Sounds awesome!
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Yeah, some of my ideas are a lot more rough than others, and some are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry thoroughly thought out. And yeah, you really should! Very Happy

Hm, which story now?
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Hahah well it took me forever just to post my topic... maybe if I finish my final copy early I'll post Evanescent as a topic this weekend.

and this one : "Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure"
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Oh, that one. Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I can't wait to write it. XD

And the typical story is the theme of 'breaking from tradition and rebellion for betterment.' In other words, Male Protagonist tries to stray away from the typicality of his story and all the other characters' stereotypicality. So, he slowly changes everyone, except for the Antagonist, who ultimately meets his defeat because he chooses to stay with tradition. And also, as Protagonist starts changing his ways and those of others, the style of writing the story itself has begins to change.
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:07 am

=O.o= That sounds really awesome!!!!

Hahaha and fun to write.

And read. Be sure to share it with me when you're done writing it! Hahah.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 7:57 am

I know, it's gonna be awesome. And sure, I'd love to share.

I really hope to make writing my secondary career. Razz
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 am

Hot damn those sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 am

Drawing comics/mangas as my secondary for me. But it's a form of writing because they're going to be my own stories =>.>=
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:44 am

One of these days I have to sit down and actually get the ideas in my head under control so I can attempt to make a story XD.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Of course. Grab a net and capture those ideas, bro!
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:40 pm

I agree. We'd love to read whatever twisted/awesome ideas you have Alex.

That's what this place is for. :3
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Damned straight! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:22 pm

I want in-depth of that last short story we discussed :3

Which sounds amazing :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Short Stories   My Short Stories I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Short Stories
Page 1 of 1