Twilight Seekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Seekers

Twilight seekers..now with hot forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» . . . .
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 am by xVietHerox

» It's been a while
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am by xVietHerox

» Sword Art Online
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 am by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack//FRAGMENT BACK ONLINE!!!
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm by Seraphim_Zera

» ITS HAPPENING
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:51 am by LieN

» Kara No Kyokai The Movie
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack Guilty Dragon Convention booth.
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Farewell to a Seeker.
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Sme new .hack picture...
Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm by AzureFlameGod86

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)

Go down 
+2
TriRevan
MizuTakishima
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MizuTakishima
Seeker of Twilight
MizuTakishima

Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) Empty
PostSubject: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 pm

So for those who saw me post in the Fear section, you basically know what...vaguely went down, but I'mma go ahead and explain it anyway 8U It was one of those things that were small and stupid, but still involves internet backlash and shizz.

I was in another forum, and I wound up saying something that was meant to be a casual, "pay no attention to that bit in teeny tiny font 'cause it's off-topic" sort of thing.

I dunno, something about how I probably wouldn't buy a Manga if it had a westerner's name on it.

But then the person who saw that comment probably took it as, I guess, racist? and that I was, apparently crushing his dream of being a great manga-ka or some shizz, I don't even know.

But I hate it when people just assume stuff, so I gladly explained it to him what I ACTUALLY meant. In a bit of a rant.

BIG. MISTAKE.

I don't really know for sure what happened after that; I just know that he replied with a lengthy comment as well, (full of mute points) and apparently, called me an "amerifag" too. (last I checked, Amerifags bashed manga/anime but praised western/marvel/dc/whatever comics, so he didn't even used the correct insult towards me)

I know this because I was too much of a coward to read the reply myself, so I had to send my boyfriend in to investigate for me OTL;;;;;

I mean, I TRIED to give them a reply, or at LEAST read what they wrote, but I wound up getting a bad stomach ache EACH AND EVERY TIME I tried D: That's how bad my anxiety was.

So I wound up waiting a few days, then a week, then just wound up ignoring the thread all together.

I feel really bad that I couldn't have defended my point, ('cause the stuff he said was stuff I knew and could have elaborated on) but I just....couldn't do it. 'cause I'm a loser and a coward. Sad

Haha I really hope this thread isn't available to the general public OTL;;;; But let it be known that I'm not racist, and I think people can use manga techniques in their comic books if they want to, but that doesn't make it a manga; it makes it an OEL D: I mean, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and France have their own words for manga-inspired comics, (as do we; Original English Language) and we still use the term novella when we talk about, specifically, spanish soap operas, so even if manga = comic in Japanese....what's wrong with us using their word, for their stuff?? XD;;; if we wanted to call their stuff just comics, we would, 'cause we have a word for that too!....it's called comics! XD;;;

Keep in mind, though, that my original rant didn't have a single insult in it, and I thought I was leaving it on a slightly positive note. I was just trying to explain my opinion; which, is, apparently, a minority as how not too many people agree with me about it.

sorry if this is TL;DR OTL
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Ahhhh, I see. I personally see that raising tension on the internet is completely useless. I'd wager that 7/8 of the time, it's someone who just wants to incite people to argue/rant and sink down to his or her own level. I think you shouldn't be too sad that you couldn't defend yourself, but you should be happy and content in yourself that you yourself know the truth, that you know what you meant, and that your mistake, although a mistake of course, is one obviously learned from and forgettable, if not now, then at some point in your life.

Well, that's all I have to say about that I suppose. Smile
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:30 pm

i agree fully with tri. It just sounds like a troll being his usual duech self and wanting to see a net argument ensue. You werent in the wrong at all so dont worry about it. And your not a coward for avoiding confrontation. Its the internet...if someone doesnt sgree with your opinion, you can just skip that comment and work on about something else.
Back to top Go down
https://seekers.canadaboard.net
MizuTakishima
Seeker of Twilight
MizuTakishima

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Hehe, that's true :'3 Thanks you guys, that really helps me feel better~

I've been on the internet long enough to know this stuff, but I pretty much avoid confrontation; or I never say anything that people actually have a problem with. (Ideology and politics are things I keep to myself)

When it comes to what I'm passionate about though, (anime + manga = my life) I have a hard time keepin' quiet xD
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:38 am

No problem at all. Razz

And of course, that's a good thing to live by. Screw what doesn't matter, vehemently stand for your passion.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:24 am

agreed ^_^
Back to top Go down
xVietHerox
Aida Hunter
xVietHerox

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Just live and forget.

@Tri Agreed
Back to top Go down
MizuTakishima
Seeker of Twilight
MizuTakishima

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm

hehe thanks guys ;u; had to mention it though just 'cause~
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Of course, of course. Completely understood.
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 pm

Right, People use the term "Graphic Novel" to make it sound fancy and dignified, so when I tell people what I want to do it's "I want to draw/write graphic novels" :3

And I see. Thanks for sharing that Mizu :3

And I fully agree with Tri. I've had a number of complaints and jerkballs trying to start something ON MY AMV's on youtube =-.-=
It's very annoying.
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:52 pm

*Having nothing of value to add just nods and gives thumbs up of approval*
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:23 am

heres the best phrase when you go up against idiot internet retards..."Oh? dont like how i say/made it? ok..then GTFO 8D"
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 am

Or even better, but this might make you sound like an internet rage person!

"Don't like it? Well you can STFU and GTFO!" : D

I just don't see Mizu talking to someone like that though.
Honestly I really wouldn't either unless I knew the person pretty well.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:59 pm

yeah good point ^^

i have a bad temper >.> soooo im just not even going into it XDD
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:38 am

Yeahh, sometimes it tears me up. I love revenge and biting people's heads off and stuff, trying to prove my point and saying I'm awesome and the shit and all that, haha, but I know that it'd only sink me down to the level and incite more madness and unnecessary anger and conflict.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)   Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okay here's what happened (sorry I took so long xD)
Page 1 of 1