Twilight Seekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Seekers

Twilight seekers..now with hot forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» . . . .
Religion I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 am by xVietHerox

» It's been a while
Religion I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am by xVietHerox

» Sword Art Online
Religion I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 am by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack//FRAGMENT BACK ONLINE!!!
Religion I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm by Seraphim_Zera

» ITS HAPPENING
Religion I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:51 am by LieN

» Kara No Kyokai The Movie
Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack Guilty Dragon Convention booth.
Religion I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Farewell to a Seeker.
Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Sme new .hack picture...
Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm by AzureFlameGod86

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Religion

Go down 
+4
proceedtoheaven
TriRevan
kingalex120
Wave
8 posters

Which religion do you belong to?
Chirstian
Religion I_vote_lcap14%Religion I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Islam
Religion I_vote_lcap0%Religion I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Judaism
 0% [ 0 ]
Hinduism
 0% [ 0 ]
Buddhism
 14% [ 1 ]
None
 14% [ 1 ]
Other
Religion I_vote_lcap57%Religion I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Wave
The God of Azure Flame
Wave

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Like the title says, which religion do you belong to? I was catholic but I recently converted to Nichiren Buddism (and I feel better about myself I might add).
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Currently I have no belief though I'm open to anything.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Technically Catholic, I find myself just kinda teetering between Catholicism and Christianity.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:09 pm

im...some form of christ worshiper...though to be honest i never cared enough to remember which branch.

Ive never really cared for religion...ever XD
Back to top Go down
https://seekers.canadaboard.net
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:14 pm

I used to care not so much about religion when I was younger and things were simpler. Then a bunch of things happened, and I kinda rekindled my faith from that day forward. Things have come to challenge my faith day by day, but I honestly still hold fast to it.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:12 pm

I believe in two things...Fate and karma...i believe that those forces are indeed present in all we do.

though i dont talk about fate as in its something we cannot change or fight against i believe fate is something that changes with each day...but nontheless some things happen that just are too coincidential to deny.

and as for karma...honestly my entire life has been one giant ass example of it XD
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:35 pm

I believe in God, fate, and destiny. I tend to use karma as a punch-line, whereas concept itself I tend to throw it out the window.
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:42 pm

DAMMIT WAVE! I was going to start this discussion, but you got to it while I was at work : (

Anyway.
I don't have a particular religion.
I simply believe in what I believe.

I believe in a God, and I believe in a Devil.
Heaven and Hell are just concepts to me.
I believe in evolution, but there had to be something that created the very first thing we evolved from, right?

My parents are more Hindu than anything, even though they were both raised Christian.
I still celebrate Christmas, even though it is technically a Christian holiday, but that's the only Christian holiday I do celebrate.

I believe in karma as well, because it tends to happen a lot =^^=;;;

Now fate.. That is an iffy situation for me because I don't really believe in fate. I believe that each choice alters the future a little bit and thus creates an alternate reality. Like if I chose to go to sleep instead of coming online.

One thing I STRONGLY believe in is Reincarnation
I think we all have had former lives here. Some souls are really old, some new, but we have new lives to fix mistakes from former lives etc.

I think that's it for me.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:59 pm

As far as my stance on fate goes, I believe it drives the course of life, that it preordains everything that is to happen, despite whatever our decisions become, that through fate we make the decisions that we make, and that all things happen only by chance, because if something happened because someone wanted it to, that wouldn't be fair, and I believe life, and fate to be fair in that respect.

As for the hereafter, I believe in an afterlife, not necessarily heaven/hell/reincarnation, but rather a state of mind or place that is different for each person, that it becomes to them what they believe in.
Back to top Go down
Wave
The God of Azure Flame
Wave

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:25 pm

I just want to say this; I converted back to Christianity. I admire the Buddhist religion and honestly believe that it along with Christianity are the two most believable religions. Still, my heart just didn't leave the christian faith, so I went back.
Back to top Go down
AzureFlameGod86
Legendary Player

Location : Astoria Oregon. Hometown of The Goonies, Free Willy and Kindergarden Cop. Oh don't forget The Ring 2.

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 pm

I believe in nothing more than The Great Journey. It is a path we all must follow.

What hope has this alliance if we cannot conquer doubt of faith not each other. If our belief should falter? But put an ear to the stones of this holy city inside their voices echo still: Seven rings begin The Journey!

Halo! It's divine wind shall rush through the stars. Propelling all who are worthy along path to salvation. Like or brothers and sisters here, we walk the path and I, Shall light these holy rings, release their cleansing flame and burn a path into the divine beyond! And all who believe... Shall be saved. confused

Religion 1000px-Installation_05
Back to top Go down
Wave
The God of Azure Flame
Wave

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:35 pm

I see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
LieN
Knight of The World
LieN

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 pm

I plan to convert to Buddhism, I find it so peaceful and genuinely meaningful.
Back to top Go down
AzureFlameGod86
Legendary Player

Location : Astoria Oregon. Hometown of The Goonies, Free Willy and Kindergarden Cop. Oh don't forget The Ring 2.

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 am

Ok with all seriousness, I am in fact somewhat Cristian. I don't go to church, I don't have a bible or anything like that. But I do believe in an after life that is what you want it to be. To be honest, I really don't know what to believe but I do think there is a god. ...And it's not me. Wink And this god is the one that created time and space. If there wasn't anything other than life or any other kind of dimension, that would be pretty lonely. What if Armageddon came to Earth? Then what? Eh, I'm rambling again. I do think about this kind of thing a lot.
Back to top Go down
LieN
Knight of The World
LieN

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 5:55 am

Glad to see you put a lot of effort into thinking about it, Azure, I definitely do believe in God, I mean, sure, science can prove a lot of things, but not how the world started all of a sudden with that whole big bang theory, it has so many flaws that the people who thought up such an idea must have been high, because they're defying themselves completely with a theory like that, thus, I believe in God, religion wise, I'm not so dedicated to my religion like you Azure. Smile
Back to top Go down
AzureFlameGod86
Legendary Player

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah LOL Sometimes I let the whole thing get to me. XD Not that I over react and start preaching, but the fact that I feel my life slipping away so quick. .....I realize what I just said. LOL I'm only 26. See what I mean? I kinda let it get to me. XD
Back to top Go down
LieN
Knight of The World
LieN

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Ahh understandable ^^ well good to see that everyone has they're own beliefs and we all come from different walks of life (we can always learn from one another~) ^0^
Back to top Go down
AzureFlameGod86
Legendary Player

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:34 am

......I'mma still bring apocalypse to you all with my 10,000 km ring world. What a Face Muhaha! Wahahahahahahaha!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH............

Religion Halo_Array

Ok. I'm done. Smile
Back to top Go down
LieN
Knight of The World
LieN

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

You'd spare me, right Azure? I mean without me, you wouldn't get to enjoy pancakes >.>!
Back to top Go down
AzureFlameGod86
Legendary Player

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:04 am

OH SH?T! I FORGOT ABOUT THA........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Back to top Go down
Iyoten
Iyoten

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:13 am

im atheist and i believe science can prove everything someday even our history maybe not existance but somewhat close to it
aswell as we able to create so much
i dont believe in an afterlife just when you die the end thats it nothing
but even tho im atheist i dont judge people on their beliefs or how they live to me its whatever makes ya happy that counts
but same time i like reading books bout religions of all kind
the roots the symbols the meaning of it all interests me yes i dont believe but one thing i believe is in the moral values it holds

i desire to live as long as possible see what we human beings are capable of creating
think of the past it was low tech but as the years go by we slowly advance
i hope when i get very old to see how advanced things are to think hhow low tech things were with a pager then to a phone then to a cell phone
i like to reflect on the past items ever created and reflect them onto this point on what we human beings achieved and yet still theirs so much

atheism is where i fit in others differ or same but in end we are human beings trying to live a happy life how we see fit no matter the differences we must accept each other for who we are never to judge race,religion or anything
maybe someday a great change will happen that will bring us all together whether this dream is hopeless or not i like to believe it will happen
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 am

My last post in here was two years ago and my my my how much I've changed since then, so much of my ideas ideals and understandings have changed. To be honest when i last posted i was still...childish and naive. I've now grabbed a hold of a more clear and concise view of the world as i see it through my eyes. I do not Mind the beliefs of others, whatever gets you through each day is what you need to survive. What keeps you strong keeps you alive. Unfortunately for me i have now long since abandoned the ability to believe in superstitious things as gods or heavens or hell or karma and fate. We human beings romanticize and dramatisize everything about our existences due to our own lack of understanding and our own desire to put a label on our existence. We exist, we breath, our hearts beat, our lungs rise and fall with air, our brain fires electrical impulses throughout our body. Why isn't that enough? We are alive. Each beat of our hearts is a countdown to our inevitable end. So then why, why do we cling to these things...these deity's who serve as myths in our lores. As Examples in our stories as to how our lives should be best lived. When even two hundred years ago these faiths were rent asunder by kings and corrupt leaders power drunk and greedy. And we stick to these doctrines still. The faiths we follow today are not what they were upon creation. And yet we stick to it and look to the past as its cannon. Your god wants you to worship him in 30 different ways and kill each other over which way is best? No...that's our doing ladies and gentleman. The foolishness i see in this is astounding but as i said, whatever gets the masses through their lives is what is needed for survival as it seems. You live, you die, your born...and your buried. That's it. And i am at peace with this. Ill live my life as i see best, do my best to do what i see is best for me and those around me. For no one else's sake...for no one else's honor other than my own. I don't need some non-corporeal god to tell me to be a good person. Ill just be a good person because i'm human. I hate and despise our current society but I've come to hold a love for humanity because of its possibilities and its virtues. Its ability to do such good despite horrible times and situations. Men and women sacrificing everything to protect a total stranger, the ability to stand up and say something is wrong no matter how bloodied and beaten they are by an overwhelming oppressor...in acts like these even if you ever only hear of it rarely...once is enough for me to see the capacity humanity holds.

I've been through allot the past few years...seen too much and dealt with about as much as i could handle. But here i am now struggling on still on my own now to get to my own place in this world. I'm someone who cant settle for anything but the best from myself. And as someone who doesn't need a god to tell him too, ill do everything i can to be a man that at the end of my life can die with a smile on my face. So this was my full thoughts on the subject. As its something I've put allot of thought into i didn't want to half ass this, though i did shorten up my own thoughts quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Iyoten
Iyoten

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:52 am

same thoughts exactly proceedtoheaven :3
Back to top Go down
LieN
Knight of The World
LieN

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 pm

That was deep heaven-san, and gotta agree with you, although I'm still a believer of Karma~ And heck, religions and beliefs are fine, like Heaven said, whoever has they're beliefs, it should be respected, even if you don't have any, simple as that. Common courtesy, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Thank you im glad you can see this for what it is ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Religion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion   Religion I_icon_minitime