Twilight Seekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Seekers

Twilight seekers..now with hot forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» . . . .
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 am by xVietHerox

» It's been a while
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am by xVietHerox

» Sword Art Online
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 am by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack//FRAGMENT BACK ONLINE!!!
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm by Seraphim_Zera

» ITS HAPPENING
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:51 am by LieN

» Kara No Kyokai The Movie
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack Guilty Dragon Convention booth.
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Farewell to a Seeker.
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Sme new .hack picture...
Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm by AzureFlameGod86

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Relativism

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

Relativism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Though my fiancee is still trying to convert me =.=
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Your exactly right Tri. And with that said why should an organization who condemns so many to death and obscurity go unchecked?
In my opinion they are long overdue for some retribution.

Well its a testament to your character Alex that you hold firm to your beliefs.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Ah, yeah, of course. I was gonna convert to Christianity for my fiancee as well. Though, I didn't take anything bad from that, I was all for it, 'cept my parents would've flipped out, especially since I was so young. Oh well, they got their way in the end, I suppose. Razz

Well, the most resilient parasite is an idea, so all those kinds of intangible things like religion will be around for a long time.

But we're slightly digressing from the topic. Thankfully, I've readied another thing I wanted to bring up.

My research paper is arguing that people should NOT feel threatened by the success of others. Shall we continue on with said argument?

Last edited by TriRevan on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 pm

Why thank you brother.

if were going to have a discussion might as well be of some help to ya revan.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:15 pm

Well, I already wrote the paper, I was just curious to see how we all thought about it.

My main point is that the concept of success is merely from the mind, and in essence relative (wherein lies the start of confusion and my main attacking point, up yours relativists Razz). We become self-critical and lose sight of how things really are because of the perhaps overwhelming success of others. Said problem should be overcome by simply remembering that success is a concept, not a thing.

Last edited by TriRevan on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Hmm..you just basically made my argument revan XD
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Definitely true bro.
Its only natural one would feel inferior in areas of corporate climbing when their peers coas through with insane ability or in love when the one they like is garnering affection from another.
It would be a very strong willed and content Person who wouldn't feel that way.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 pm

*sighs*
Well..ok..ima voice my opinion here...but well..here goes...

To be honest religion in itself is based of the ideals we as human beings WISH to live by. We want peace with mankind, we want faith in a life after death, we want assurance were not alone to exist and we want our own sins to be forgiven or a quick and easy way to repent for what we've done.

In all these things religion delivers...why? because religion is man made...and anything man made will cause ripples in the water we call life. Its created for good reasons...and their each built of pillars of good ideals. But in the end cause more harm then good. What i believe we as the human race need to do is look beyond what we see before us and have come to be used to...and evolve our thought ahead of such pety things. We need to realize that we exist on earth ourselves...prayer to god is only a prayer...we need to do for ourselves..think for ourselves find peace within ourselves and live our lives so that we dont need to repent we should all each and everyone of us be a being that can transcend such things as thievery assault murder and other petty things we wish to escape from by using god or w/e the fuck. WERE HERE NOW...and we are HUMAN BEINGS..we should each strive for one thing above all others! to be live for our race, to seek the betterment of us all as a people. War, violence, all the negative things we have become scarily used to as human beings is sad...no mater what color we are do we not each of us walk the same earth, breath the same air? drink the same water? made of the same material...have brains lungs and hearts? why does the shade of our pigment matter compared to the awsomeness we all share with each other? And not even color our speech...ideas and ideals...why do we discriminate? Its a foolish notion bread from times before we were truly yet developed yet stuck with us because the ones that survived were the ones who believed as they did...the thoughts of caution and fear were once the way it had to be but have we not evolved past that now? We can SEE the atom...we can TOUCH the stars. SO what i was born in america..and you in russia. Whats the difference between you and i? Nothing...nothing real. A language? man made...a government..man made...barriers of a country? again..man made. We have split ourselves...but now its time to slowly dissolve those barriers and come to grips that we are HUMAN. not black yellow brown or white...HUMAN

I dont know if what i said makes any sense...or if i just made myself sound like a toatl idiot..but thats just how i feel on the matter...and im pretty sure you guys moved on...fuck...
Back to top Go down
https://seekers.canadaboard.net
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Wherein creeps another thing: it is said that those who want to be successful are oftentimes those who want credit for it also.

EDIT ('cause.. you posted yours while I was writing this, Heaven): Very well put.

And that made lots of sense, of course. But like I said before, ideas are the world's worst parasites, so it's most likely we can't push everyone from what they have or believe in to enter this that you're presenting. It's an imperfect world, but it's the only one we got.

Last edited by TriRevan on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Wow...I'm speechless heaven like..damn man you should look into motivational speaking.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Ladies and gents Dr Martin Luther Heaven! XDD
*starts clapping*

Seriously Heaven that was incredibly put. But I differ on the point of atonement and wanting ones sins to be forgiven. One would have to feel guilt for what they do to want atonement but if one believes they are doing right it becomes a null point, or if they simply enjoy doing it then the same thing applies. As Tri said an idea is a parasite and to add to that an idea cant be undone by words if the beliefs behind it are strong.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:39 pm

*sigh*
Im not saying its an idea to be pushed on people...as i said its something we need to begin to slowly evolve into. With time this way of thinking will grow...how long can we keep killing raping and pillaging each other until someone finally just says enough?

It has to start with our generation...because realy the mistakes of the past existance of our race is on or shoulders...within the last 100 years weve dealt with 2 world wars..and from then on massive amounts of growing conflicts and international hate. i mean for god sakes america is HATED by the entire world. I dont ever want to hear anyone saying were not. I talk to people from all over the world and dissing our country is second fucking nature. It disgusts me...because we do it too...its endless back and forth hate...ignorance...bred from the same notions of god race and country. Why..WHY can no one else see the bigger picture? its because were raised not too...each of us are born with a cross to bear with our family friends and so on...

Its an imperfect world...but i see that as a defeatest notion...it may be imperfect..but so what. Why can the human race not seek to better themselves? Because the world is imperfect? We arent seeking perfection simply the realization that we are by principle IMPERFECT. in realizing we are all HUMAN we come to see we are one race of beings that needs to learn and live with one another because of our own inadequacy.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:41 pm

HaseoXthofTwilight wrote:
Ladies and gents Dr Martin Luther Heaven! XDD
*starts clapping*

Seriously Heaven that was incredibly put. But I differ on the point of atonement and wanting ones sins to be forgiven. One would have to feel guilt for what they do to want atonement but if one believes they are doing right it becomes a null point, or if they simply enjoy doing it then the same thing applies. As Tri said an idea is a parasite and to add to that an idea cant be undone by words if the beliefs behind it are strong.

yes i agree...but if you ask anyone with "faith" they know what the do is morally wrong but believe themselves right in their decision because god..w/e will reward me after this life or will forgive if i repent. What they speak of is taking the word of the religion over the ways of humanity.
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 pm

You are indeed wise my friend.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Well, it's been thousands of years. Nothing much has changed. As long as people are, well, people, things are gonna be like this. Pushed, slowly evolving, whatever, I don't think any of that would happen.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Again Heaven wow. America could use a president like you.
You see things in a big picture.
But its still impossible for people to change without the will in them to do it.
I wish the world could become a place where people can simply be people and accept everyone as that and not some designation of race or creed. The majority just cant seem to let go of their failings left by past generations seeing it as some kind of crutch without which they would be empty inside.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:50 pm

Well, lots of people wish things, we don't always get them.

And, well, seeing the big picture is only one part of that kind of job.

And.. well.. since people are so different, I think we can keep running around w/ this topic a while. Haha.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
The Terror of Death
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:51 pm

I believe that the very fact i myself believe in this makes both those arguments null and void.

I am a human being..yet i think as i do and my logic is how it is...ask yourselves. Could you realy say that if one man can think this way...we all cannot? Its realy a simple notion of pointing out to everyone else just how deep our own graves are right now.

Martin luther king had a dream...and now black people in america have better standings...racial seperation is nowhere like it once was.
women wanted to vote...now they can and its viewed as normal by the populace.
Slavery was thought commonplace but now it is taboo.

The way we as a people think is something that CAN evolve...its just a matter of the right words said at the right time to start the revolution of the mind.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 pm

There's a difference between using trinkets to kill a man, or trinkets to kill a prince.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:00 pm

As much as we need that kind of evolution as humans.
If one man where to just go around telling people to believe it then the man would be no different from the church.
Even if people listened he would be viewed as some sort of savior and the whole cycle would begin again.
People have to begin to see this on their own terms in order to truly believe it.
A little push in the right direction isn't wrong per say but its not right considering how much that can lead to corruption of the original ideals purpose.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Well, Heaven's not saying to push per se, but the progressive kind of thing, e.g. suffrage, abolition.
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:12 pm

I suppose but im still a bit iffy on the whole thing. All it would take is one moment of greed to ruin it all. : (
Back to top Go down
kingalex120
Key of Twilight
kingalex120

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 pm

Greed can corrupt the purest of things.
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 pm

*shrugs* That's life for ya, ever a risk, ever a fight. I suppose that might be it on that, then..
Back to top Go down
HaseoXthofTwilight
Knight of The World
HaseoXthofTwilight

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Still life wouldn't be any fun without risk right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relativism   Relativism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relativism
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Seekers :: General Discussions :: Serious Discussion-
Jump to: