Twilight Seekers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Seekers

Twilight seekers..now with hot forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» . . . .
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:52 am by xVietHerox

» It's been a while
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 7:50 am by xVietHerox

» Sword Art Online
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:19 am by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack//FRAGMENT BACK ONLINE!!!
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:08 pm by Seraphim_Zera

» ITS HAPPENING
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 8:51 am by LieN

» Kara No Kyokai The Movie
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:03 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» .hack Guilty Dragon Convention booth.
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Farewell to a Seeker.
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:16 pm by AzureFlameGod86

» Sme new .hack picture...
Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm by AzureFlameGod86

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH Empty
PostSubject: Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH   Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Teaser:

I pray I'll never have to write a story with that long of a title again. However, how ridiculous it is is pivotal to my story's main concept. I know we've all read a story at least once in our lives. And considering there's only so many original plots and only so many original character concepts, patterns have definitely arisen in literature and media. And so here comes a story of completely no originality and at the same time, beaming with tons of originality. The story portrays a typical plot with typical characters taking part, each character being completely aware of the fact that they are in a story and that they all have their own roles and character traits. The characters are: Male Protagonist, Female Love Interest, Wise Father-Figure, Optimistic Male Best Friend, Candid Female Best Friend, Tragic and Twisted Male Antagonist, Smitten and Devoted Female Follower of Antagonist, Male Foil Character, Philosophical Male Who Speaks in Riddles, Female Minor Character Who Points Out Exposition, and Male Comic Relief. Yeah, it's gonna be ridiculous.

Plot:

The nameless characters act out a linear, typical storyline with typical character traits. Soon, Protagonist finds that life is more exciting and more worth living if he deviates from the stereotype that is his and his friends' story. At first his friends are taken aback from his desires to break from this set life they have all received, but eventually warm up to him, changing their characters from typical and obvious to complex and human. Antagonist, however, tries the hardest to stop Protagonist, but ultimately fails because of his keeping with tradition. Therein lies the main theme of the story: breaking tradition for healthy rebellion.

Characters:

Male Protagonist - He's the typical protagonist, and ageless and nameless just like all the other characters. He is moral and full of justice, giving and taking to and from everyone as fairly as possible. He's the character that becomes the most wary from his friends' obvious character traits.

Female Love Interest - She's the typical, beautiful love interest. She, of course, gets the protagonist to fall in love with her. After which she usually explains subtly the actions and words Protagonist must choose in order to increase her liking in him. She's equitable just like Protagonist, but also a little naive, a common character trait. She's spunky, not like any other girl, and honest.

Wise Father-figure - He's the assumed parent and guardian character of Protagonist, assumed also to be much older and wiser. He gives the advice that has been handed to him from past experiences. His advice is explicit and usually is scoffed by Protagonist, since a character trait of Protagonist is to ignore older advice and stay individual. Father-figure appeals to emotion often and on purpose (such as saying Protagonist has become like a son to him), usually to get Protagonist to do something to move the story along. He usually gives the reader a somewhat obvious idea on what Protagonist will do next, since he knows him so well.

Optimistic Male Best Friend
- Protagonist's trusted friend whom he's always trusting to make him smile after going through a dramatic event in the story. He is the ultimate optimist and only thinks on the bright side, sometimes irritating Protagonist as he learns that optimism will only go as far. He's loyal and always is in concern for Protagonist, only because that's a character trait of his. He often expresses friendly concern after which explicitly remarking a character flaw Protagonist has.

Candid Female Best Friend - Protagonist's other trusted friend whom he's always trusting to give him the straight truth. She never ever minces words and always speaks her mind so as to give the reader a different and more frank view of a situation or a character. She tends to express every character's flaws, including her own, because that's a character trait she has: she's candid and doesn't pull any punches.

Tragic and Twisted Antagonist - The typical villain; he experiences some sort of twist in his life and so turns to evil to make himself feel better. He tries at all costs to stop Protagonist from changing the story. He isn't completely aware that his views of life and people are morally wrong, mostly because it is characteristic of antagonists to be as such. From the beginning Antagonist almost knows he will be defeated in the story, mainly because he's aware he's an antagonist, and they never win, but despite that he keeps going in his struggle, once again, because that's what antagonists do.

Smitten and Devoted Follower of Antagonist - Another typical character; she is madly and blindly in love with Antagonist and so follows every order he gives her no matter what and to the letter. Even when told by Candid or Protagonist that she is obviously being taken advantage of, she scoffs the advice off, because she knows it's her character to be in love with and devote herself to Antagonist. In the end, she ends up following Protagonist in his quest to change the story.

Male Foil Character - A very necessary character. He usually hangs out with any character so as to make more obvious their character traits, mostly because his character traits appear to be the opposite. He's fully aware of it because that's what foil characters do; they are wrapped around the main characters.

Philosophical Male Character Who Speaks in Riddles - Good friend of Wise Father-figure mostly because their roles are nearly identical. The only difference being that Philosophical is not related to Protagonist, and that the advice he gives is usually in a riddle or metaphor, so the Protagonist 100% of the time doesn't know what he's talking about until much later, which is usually how that kind of character works.

Female Minor Character Who Points Out Exposition - Her solitary role in the entire story is to point out obvious things in the story, such as new character traits of characters, plot-twists, or explanations of symbols or events which are hard to understand at first to the reader. She's usually around to explain something Father-figure or Philosophical say.

Male Comic Relief - Perhaps one of the most essential characters. His only purpose is to make the reader laugh in times of despair or other hot spots in the storyline. Protagonist finds himself becoming more and more angry with Comic, but he only replies that his purpose is to make people laugh, and that he would apologize, but chooses not to apologize because it's not a character trait of his.

Story Structure:

The dialogue and writing of the entire story will change as Protagonist's struggle moves on. At first the text is extremely obvious such as "Protagonist sat in his room and cried, obviously shaken by the newly arisen plot-twist that he did not see coming." And characters speak like, "Good morning, Protagonist. How are you this morning? I'm sure you're happy I'm asking how you are, establishing a friendly tone for this scene of the story." But eventually, as Protagonist starts changing the story, the text itself slowly changes into something like a real story: "He then knelt down on the harsh, cold ground, not knowing what to do. No one knew what to do." That gradual transition is key to my story.
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH Empty
PostSubject: Re: Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH   Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Hahaha That sounds really epic =o.o=

I think I'm really going to enjoy this one :3
Back to top Go down
TriRevan
Child of Morganna
TriRevan

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH   Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Haha, thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
tsukasayuki
Queen Of the Palace
tsukasayuki

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH   Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

No prob bob :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH   Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short Story Conveying the Irony of Typical Plot and Character Structure IN-DEPTH
Page 1 of 1